Services at Nelson Family Medicine.
Nelson Family Medicine is one of the clinics in the Panel Physicians Network which offers medical examinations for Immigration New Zealand.
For more detailed information on Immigration Medicals visit our page.
Specialist Health Services
We consider ourselves open minded and progressive when it comes to finding solutions for our patients health issues and overall wellbeing. We are proud to be associated with the following specialists whose expertise covers a wide range of health related fields.
Nelson Family Medicine offer all the services you expect of a practising health professional in New Zealand.
Below is a list of a list of the health and medical services we have available for registered patients between 8-30am and 5-30pm on weekdays.
Online Services at Nelson Family Medicine
- Make a booking. Standard (15 minute) doctor’s appointments can be made online at any time of the day or night. Same day, nurse appointments or specialised appointments such as immigration or other medicals can only be made by phoning the practice in business hours. If you are enrolled with us but don’t have an MMH account you can make a booking by pressing a green button you will find on our home page.
- Order Repeat Prescriptions: you will be advised via email or text when your script has been processed and the medication is ready for pick up. The standard urgent or non-urgent script fee is charged.
The portal also allows you to view securely online your:
- Test results. You can see the results plus the Abnormal results will still be followed up by your doctor.
- Recalls. Recall texts and letters will still be sent.
- Immunisation record.
- Medical Alerts.
- Regular medication list.
- Demographic Information. You will be able to keep this up to date making any changes to your address etc.
Other Services and Resources
Nelson Family Medicine realise that valid and correct information is very helpful in times of illness, also a support network who can assist is invaluable at these times. The websites and phone numbers below are just some useful and proven contacts available in New Zealand and overseas. Websites with a * are sponsored and access from your mobile device is free.
There are also many helpful apps and the Health Navigator website below has a page dedicated to reviewing and recommending health related apps. Feel free to contact us to recommend anything you find particularly helpful.