Patient Credit Terms and Conditions of Trade
The following Terms of Trade apply to services provided by Nelson Family Medicine to its patients.
- All services are paid for on the date of service, unless prior arrangement is made with practice management.
- No credit is available for visitors / casual patients / new patients.
- An invoice for a consultation not paid on the day includes $10 administration fee. This fee is credited against the patient’s account if payment is made within 7 days of the invoice date.
- Where it is agreed that payment will not be made on the day of service, it is made as soon as possible and no later than the 20th of the month following the date of invoice.
- Prices for services may be adjusted from time to time. Current prices are clearly displayed on the practice website and in the waiting room.
- Where our advised credit limit or time for payment is exceeded, the patient will be notified and Nelson Family Medicine will cease to provide non-urgent medical services.
- Unpaid accounts may be passed on to a debt collection agency. Fees incurred in the collection of overdue accounts are payable by the patient (the debtor).
- Nelson Family Medicine reserves the right to charge for missed appointments.
- Immigration medicals and lifestyle appointments for non-registered patients are paid in advance at the time of booking. Payment of the fee is only refunded (in full) if the booking is cancelled with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Virtual or telephone consultations are the same price as face to face appointments.
- Charges may be made for forms left for completion by the doctor, or other work performed outside the consultation time.